Thursday, August 11, 2011

I don't know who wold want to read about but me, I'm not exciting by any means or interesting,  but I will give you a quick overview of who I am.  I grew up on the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains in a town no one has ever heard of. It used to be a small town where everyone knew everyone else. Once I graduated high school I putted around working for a year then decided to follow my dream and join the Army. What followed next was the absolute best years of my life...all 6 of them. I turned wrenches and was a crew chief on the CH-47D Chinook helicopter. I've been to foreign countries and was able to do some of the most exciting things I've ever got to do in my life. Event to now, nothing compares to the adrenalin rush and excitement of flying low over the tops of the jungles of Central America carrying out missions for your country. 6 years was all I guess that was in the cards for me, for a drunk driver ran a red light and T-boned me while I was riding my motorcycle. It broke my leg in 5 places, 3 of which were compound (Femur, Tibia & Fibula), my fibula was also broken in a separate place and to complete the list, my foot. I spent over a year in rehab and then was told I was unable to do my job, or any job for that matter and the Army quickly showed me the door. So that ended that chapter of my life and I began working for small airports around North Georgia as an airplane mechanic. Once the economy took a nose dive and AVGAS went up to 8 & 10 dollars a gallon, nobody was flying so there was no work to be done and the layoffs started. And me being the low man on the totem pole, I was always the first to go. I've had a couple dead end jobs before and since then and they always wound up going under or I was laid off. Life has been a huge uphill battle for me since getting out of the service. I've tried to find something as rewarding in the civilian sector that makes me feel like I'm part of something, like I'm making a difference, but nothing has filled that void yet. Not a day goes by that I don't think about the old days and wish I was flying on my old bird "Miss Behavin'". I've tried to push past it and let it go because I know it will never be again, but I can't. I grew up in the Army...I became a man, and the people I made friends with became my family. And deep down I feel like an orphan that was ripped from my families arms only to watch them get smaller and smaller in the back glass as I watched them fade from sight. As my user name states, I have felt like Sisyphus pushing the rock up the hill...it only gets larger and heavier as I push it. I will have minor victories in life and get a set ahad, but I usually lose those and get set back 3. I am not an emo by any means, I'm merely a realist and I have a hard time facing facts that a certain portion of my life if over and I just need to pull myself up by by bootstraps, suck it up and move on. But..that is easier said than done. My best friend and soulmate has stuck with me thru all of my BS and PTSD issues. She really is my rock and truly the most amazing woman I've ever met. I really don't think I would be here if it wasn't for her. So thank you for believing in me and not giving up on me and standing behind me 100% no matter what. I truly do love you. Well that is enough about my boring and super exiting life. More when I feel up to it.

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too..thank thank you again for not giving up on me

    ReplyDelete